Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Men "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" at Fundraiser to Stop Violence Against Women



Stratford, ON - I walked a mile in her shoes Saturday, and it taught me a few things.   For starters, I learned that men are not meant to wear heels. It’s unnatural. It’s uncomfortable. And it’s unsightly. I discovered, as I took part in the Stratford’s annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraiser for Optimism Place, that it’s nearly impossible to be graceful in size 14 pumps (which are not as spacious as they might seem).  But misery loves company, and what made it bearable was the sight of dozens of other men hobbling from one end of the mall to the other in bright red heels, as bemused wives, girlfriends, co-workers and random shoppers cheered.  But perhaps the most important lesson I learned from Saturday’s event is that, even on unsteady legs, you can still take a stand to help stop violence against women.  www.fundraising-ideas.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment