Wednesday, October 4, 2017

HS Student Leads Fundraising Campaign "Lose Your Locks with Luke"



Old Saybrook, CT - Luke Duffy was too young to remember much of the community support after being diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at 18 months old, but knew the town helped his family through a tough time.  “I want to pull that community back in,” he said, “because I know they’ve done it once, and I know they’ll do it again.” The high school junior and cancer survivor has coordinated a trio of fundraising events under the name of “Lose Your Locks with Luke.”  “I’m just raising funds and awareness for Camp Rising Sun and pediatric cancer, that’s my main goal,” Duffy said while at Old Saybrook High School, taking a break from his classes to elaborate on the fundraiser.  www.fundraising-ideas.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment