Friday, May 2, 2014

Celbrity Chef Will Get Locked Up for Fundraiser



Melbourne, Australia - Adelaide’s master chef Andre Ursini will this week be serving his handmade gnocchi from behind bars.  The owner of Andre’s Cucina and Polenta Bar has signed up to become an inmate at the Old Adelaide Gaol for the evening as part of the Whitelion Adelaide Bailout.The charity event raises money supporting outreach and education services for at-risk youth.  Ursini says Whitelion strikes a chord with him and he was eager to sign on for the lockup. “I used to do a lot of work with Anglicare helping underprivileged kids,” Ursini says.  “When I help out a charity I don’t just sign on to smile for the cameras – I’ll be taking part and supplying food as well.”  He says his time in the cell will be a chance to reflect on some of the struggles faced by youth, but there will also be plenty of time for fun. “I think I might be an unruly inmate – like I was in my teenage years.”  www.fundraising-ideas.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment